Sunday, August 2, 2009

Snipe hunting with a twisted twist.

I'm young, trying to remember the age - I think around 8 or 9.

Ryan comes home and tells me dad has said I can have a new pet. Cool. He takes me down by the river, and if you've heard of snipe hunting... this is what is about to happen, in a more twisted way.

So, he tells me the usual, hold this blanket and wiggle this stick and you'll see a cute furry hamster like guy come for it. When you see one, cover it with the blanket. Did I buy this, well, yeah.. I was young. :P So , he tells me he's going to go get some more chew, he'll be right back. Does the usual snipe trick and takes off. Ok, I think... He’ll be back.. a little scared but nothing major yet. Time passes; I'm realizing that no snipe like thing is going to come get in this blanket. I throw the stick, and sit down with the blanket. It was already dark, but getting darker and I'm starting to feel really cold. It was close to Halloween.

I remember I must have dozed off at one point, but when I woke up I heard dogs , loud dogs for that matter, so I'm thinking I can't be that far from a street. I start to walk, and walk. I never did find the street. I heard a bunch of scrambling around, and then things went black. Ryan, and a bunch of his friends had jumped me wearing Halloween masks, and this is where it goes blank for a bit. I came through in my bed with scratches and bruises all over my legs and face, and I burned, oh so badly in a place no 8 or 9 year old girl wants to burn.

I recovered fine and Halloween approached closer. Always one of my favorite times of year. Ryan's friends were doing a haunted house, and to much glee, he was taking me. All was fun, 'till a person in a very furry, I guess werewolf like suit grabbed me and started choking me. I don't remember anything else about that night.


*names and locations will be changed as I go for the privacy of all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment